Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Day 2: So Long to Winter Break...in Short Sleeves

Doing the hard labor.
 On the kids' last day of winter break, the day dawned clear and warm. Sun and warmth are both like catnip to me, so I was determined to keep them off screens as much as humanely possible while actually enjoying outdoor activities (as opposed to grudging acceptance that mom was yet again forcing them outside). Truthfully, they are pretty game for outside time, though they would never EVER admit it to me. Pippa has gotten really into horseback riding recently, a development that both warms my little heart and terrifies my wallet. Angus got to play football, his #1 activity, with some friends, and the older kids were in various forms of transit that also involved some outdoor strolling. 

Pippa and the ever-stubborn but very sweet Mocha.

I decided - for some unknown reason - to try my hand at Yorkshire pudding, a dish I haven't made in probably a decade. As a vegetarian, I made them without the fat droppings, which worked....ok. They tasted decent even if not Top Chef material, and the day ended with me feeling pretty good about our healthy activities. 

Two days down, only a few to go, right?

The offending puddings. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mid-Month & Cruising Along

Somehow it's almost mid-January already. As even my 9-year old has said, time sure does fly by the older you get (he's a bit of an o...